TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The community is here to help you - here are the rules to play by
Planet-Legal is a website designed to help individuals, firms and lawyers connect with one another to seek and receive legal services.
The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of Planet-Legal’s website and services. If you do not agree to any part of the Terms you can withdraw your consent by no longer accessing our website and/or requesting your account be deleted.
“User” refers to any entity that accesses the website including sellers and buyers of legal services.
“Lawyer” refers to a lawyer who is licensed to practise in his or her jurisdiction. The term may refer to a User acting in their capacity as a lawyer to give or receive legal services.
“Author” refers to any individual who provides legal content of his or her own creation.
- Buyers of Legal Services
- We use reasonable business efforts to satisfy the needs of all Users. We strive to empower you to understand and manage your legal needs. As such, we cannot make any guarantees of satisfactory legal solutions or outcomes. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that you may incur from using our site. We do not offer refunds although we do provide support for technical issues with posts.
- We cannot guarantee a satisfactory response to a given advertisement. We advise that you review the appropriate FAQ section before creating a post in order to make it as effective as possible.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information on our site. If you rely on this information, we are not liable for any damage caused. All information on the website is provided “as-is” with no express or implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
- We accept no responsibility for legal advice or information provided by third-party Lawyers that you have directly or indirectly encountered through our website. Any errors and omissions in legal advice given by Lawyers is the sole responsibility of the Lawyer.
- We do not offer legal services or legal advice. Any information provided within the website is general information and does not constitute legal advice.
- We cannot control replies you may receive as a result of your post. Therefore, we cannot accept responsibility for the content of such replies or the identity of the responding party. As such you may wish to create and use an anonymous email address to reply to any messages that are of interest.
- We take no responsibility for nor can we intervene in a disagreement or complaint between a buyer and seller of legal services, during, or after an engagement. Any such matters should be brought before the appropriate regulatory body.
- You agree to indemnify us for any harm, claim or damages incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of your use of our website.
- Online Open Connect: We offer direct online access between individuals and organizations who pay for posts, and legal professionals. Any discussion arising from a post does not create a solicitor-client relationship between a User and a Lawyer unless both parties agree to enter into this relationship. Such agreements are beyond the scope of our service, happen outside our service and any legal advice or representation provided is the responsibility of the Lawyer.
- Verified Connect: We introduce licensed private-practice legal professionals from our database to Users who then make an informed selection based on information from on and off the website. We use reasonable business efforts to apply our recruitment expertise to the legal professionals introduced but cannot make any guarantees of legal solutions or satisfactory outcomes. These conversations do not create a solicitor-client relationship between the User and a legal professional until and unless both parties agree to enter into this relationship. Such agreements are beyond the scope of our service, happen outside our service and any legal advice or representation provided is the responsibility of the Lawyer.
- Legal Consult Package: We provide temporary placement services to arrange for summary consultations with qualified Lawyers. In this case we function as an agent to forward payment and suggest a qualified professional. However, we are not liable for any advice provided or relied upon. In this case the solicitor-client relationship is between the buyer and the Lawyer.
- Sellers of Legal Services
- We cannot guarantee the identity of those who post advertisements on our website, nor the accuracy of any claims made regarding their budget, particulars of their legal issue or any other claims made. All Lawyers who respond to postings on our website do so at their own risk.
- We make no warranties about the expectations or actions of any buyers.
- You agree to indemnify us from any harm resulting from your response to any post.
- Buyers of Legal Services
- Privilege and Confidentiality
- Communication through our website does not create a solicitor-client relationship or any other binding relationship until a Lawyer agrees to act for a client and the client agrees to the terms. As solicitor-client privilege does not attach until two parties enter into a solicitor-client relationship you should ensure you have retained a Lawyer prior to providing confidential information or material. We are not liable for any losses arising from your disclosure to a Lawyer.
- User-Generated Content
- User-Generated Content: Our website contains a number of sections which permit Users and Authors to post content. This content includes posts seeking to connect with legal professionals, articles, advertisements, blog posts and so forth
- Our Use of Your Posted Content: We may use your posted content for any reasonable use on our site or link to it to provide information for our Users. We agree to remove it within a reasonable period of time after a request from the content owner.
- Community Standards and Enforcement
- We are unable to audit each post on our website. and all use is at your own risk. User-generated content may contain material that is offensive, inappropriate, inaccurate or harmful. We take no responsibility for such content and are not liable for any harm caused by such content. If you observe such content please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to remove it within a reasonable period of time.
- Author Content: You agree to indemnify us for any harm, claim or damages caused by any content you post.
- All content posted must be as accurate as reasonably possible. Posts misrepresenting the nature of an issue, the facts or one’s credentials or experience are not allowed.
- Any content you post must be appropriate to the website and specific section. Any posts attempting to solicitate or sell services outside the appropriate sections may be deleted without refund at our discretion.
- We do not tolerate malicious or fraudulent posts. Posts must not include expletives, slander, links to malicious websites and software, or threats. No posts which contemplate or request assistance with performing illegal acts are permitted.
- Posts must not include personal or other information which may identify parties to a legal matter, confidential or protected information.
- We reserve the right to unilaterally and at our own discretion remove content we deem inappropriate or harmful for any reason. While we strive to ensure content is appropriate and as accurate as possible, we make no warranties in this regard.
- We retain copyright for all of our original Planet-Legal content within the website. All such content must not be reproduced, published, transmitted or translated without the express prior written consent of Planet-Legal.
- Authors retain copyright in all original content submitted. We are not liable for any copyright disputes regarding submitted material.
- We do not allow the reposting of copyrighted material on our website without the permission of the original copyright owner. If your content has been posted without your permission to an area of our website please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request its removal, and we will endeavour to do so within a reasonable time.
- We encourage links to our homepage. However, creating links to any other page on our website or element of a page is prohibited, and this will be strictly enforced.
- You agree to access Planet-Legal’s website and services only through the interface provided on the webpage and only for the purposes intended. Any access for purposes other than reviewing or using the content or responding to posts and posting is not permitted. We reserve the right to prosecute any unauthorized access or attempts to compromise the site and seek all remedies available under the applicable laws.
- You must be 18 or older and legally capable of entering into contracts in order to use our services.
- Consent to Receive Emails
- By registering with the site, you consent to receive emails from Planet-Legal. Such emails may include notifications of responses to your postings, notifications of new posting (if you have signed up for the relevant list) and responses to any questions or emails we receive from you. We may also send out occasional marketing emails. You can withdraw your consent to receive emails from us by deleting your account. In the case of new posting notifications, you can withdraw your consent by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Account Termination
- We reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel an account at any time and for any reason.
- We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law for any violation of these Terms. Planet-Legal may suspend or delete accounts and posts of content or advertisements without refunds for breaches of our Community Posting Guidelines (s. 4). In some cases, we may erase a posting and require the User to revise it to fit our Community Posting Guidelines.
- We reserve the right to make modifications to these Terms from time to time. Please periodically check this webpage to stay updated of any changes to these Terms.
- The governing law and jurisdiction will be that of the province of Ontario.